Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Whelp...where to start after a year?!?

Soooooo....almost an entire year has come and gone! That is so crazy to me! Well, I don't really know where to start seeings that it's been so long, but I guess I'll start with the biggest thing that has happened in the last year! We had ANOTHER BABY!!!! We added our adorable little son, Christian Gregory Salcedo!
He arrived the day before his due date on August 20th, 2015! He weighed 7lbs 9 oz and was 20 inches long! My mom had actually arrived the day before and the morning that Christian was born, my mom stripped my membranes and I was in labor an hour later. After she stripped my membranes, we headed to Walmart to walk around and I started contracting while walking around Walmart chasing after Hadlie. Mom stripped my membranes at 10:30, I started having regular contractions at 11:30 and little man was born at 2:53pm! A little over 3 and a half hours of labor! After Walmart, we decided to go swimming at the Provo Rec Center, but while we were waiting in line to get in, the contractions started coming on stronger and I knew that we didn't have time to go swimming! LOL. So we headed home to get ready and wait for Ben to get to the condo so he could watch Hadlie who we had just put down for a nap. Once Ben and Carli got to the condo, my mom, Sarah, Juan and I headed to the hospital. I delivered at American Fork Hospital with the American Fork Midwives instead of a doctor this time. We arrived at the hospital at 1:50pm and I was checked and told I was 7cm dilated! Woot! Woot! I tried a bunch of different positions, but nothing felt as good as sitting in the chair and resting, and then getting up and swaying side to side while I was leaning on Juan. Right before I delivered, everyone was just waiting around waiting for my water to break, but it wasn't breaking! So I made the decision to have my water broken to expedite the delivery! So they broke my water at 2:52pm and Christian was born with one push at 2:53pm! Talk about a quick delivery! It was so awesome to have my mom, Sarah, Juan and our family friend Melissa there for the delivery. Christian has been a lot better baby than Hadlie was and my postpartum has been MUCH smoother than it was with Hadlie!






Working through a contraction. 
 Leaning on my sweet husband for support during a contraction.





Man, I loved being able to rest in between contractions and rock back and forth in this chair! Felt so good to have some pressure taken off!










                                             Little Christian Gregory Salcedo!
                                                   Hadlie loves her little brother!
                                                      Christian at 2 weeks old!
    





Grandbaby # 12 with his Grandma!                                  





Grandpa Ralph with sweet little man Christian!






Hadlie loves giving Christian his pacifier! 
Needless to say, we've experienced quite a bit of change over the last year! Hadlie is almost 2 years old and I can hardly believe that! She's such a fun, fiesty, smart and entertaining little girl! She loves to read (which I love that she loves!) she loves ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING of the Frozen theme, as well as singing, playing outside, running around, coloring and visiting with Tia Sarah and Tio Michael! She had an absolute blast up in Seattle over the summer with her cousins! I'll try and be better at this whole blog thing, but I definitely don't have a lot of free time these days! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment