Thursday, February 20, 2014

Time Flies!!!

I can't believe it's been 3 months since I've updated my blog! Man oh man does time fly! Ahhh, I don't even know where to start! I guess we'll start with the star of this blog....little Miss Hadlie!
 

                                        SHE'S 4 MONTHS OLD


It blows my mind that she's already 4 months old! She's turned into a little darling! We went to her 4 month appt today where she got her 4 month shots....:-( That's always so sad to see your little one in pain. At to make matter worse, she was due for a nap right when her appt started and then the doctors office was behind an hour, so she was NOT happy to begin with and then add the shots on top of that....I felt so bad for her! She was so tired, she fell asleep on the 5 min car ride back home....she NEVER does that! We got her home and she promptly took a 2 hour nap, which she NEVER does either....LOL. Her stats from the appt were:
Weight: 10 lbs 8 oz - 3rd percentile
Length: 22 inches - 3rd percentile
Head circumference: 40cm - 22nd percentile! (She's gonna be smart!) The doctor says shes growing very proportionately, so he's not worried about anything, he just says she a little one!

This week we tackled putting Hadlie in her own room and getting her to sleep by herself. We've had a bad habit of not getting her to sleep unless she was rocked, bounced, swung, swaddled, cuddled and held for 2 hours before we could put her to sleep. If we tried to put her down before she was fully asleep....she would be wide awake as soon as we set her down.....SOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!!! Love this little girl....but I just couldn't keep spending all of my day trying to get her down for her naps and for sleep at night. I'm falling behind in school, the house looks like a mess, I can't fix Juan dinner, I can't study, I can't even shower! So we made the decision to try and get her to sleep by herself. Man, oh man...that was one tough night. We read books together, I sang to her, swaddled her, kissed her goodnight, turned the white noise on, and left the room. Hadlie proceeded to scream her little head off wanting to be picked up and cuddled. I sat in the living room questioning my decision over and over again and asking Juan if he thought I was a bad mom over and over again. It was SO incredibly hard to not go in there and pick her up! I texted Liz and my friend Jen and they both offered tremendous support and encouragement! I couldn't have done it without them. Every few min, I went into Hadlie's room and touched her and calmed her down and told her I loved her....I didn't know how long it was going to last and I was thrilled when she fell asleep after only 45 minutes of crying! I was expecting hours and hours of tears! She then slept for the next 5 hours....which she never did when she slept in the bassinet in our bedroom next to our bed! I almost couldn't believe it! I knew it was going to take  a few days and her naps would be a big fight....but I had faith after the first night that it was going to be okay. The next day, Hadlie had a tough time with her naps, but by her 3rd nap, she was only crying for a couple minutes before she put herself to sleep. I was anxious to see how she would do the 2nd night of not being rocked to sleep and words can't express my happiness when she cried for less then a minute and went to sleep! The third night she didn't cry AT ALL!!!!! I have so much more time to get things done....like updating my blog!!!! LOL....she's such a fast learner and I couldn't be more proud of her! I know we'll have some ups and downs, but I'm really grateful that we've made the decision to help her sleep better. She only gets up twice throughout the night now and mommy gets a lot more sleep and better quality sleep too!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!

What else has happened in the last 3 months?!? Well, lets start at the beginning....we spent Christmas up in Seattle with mom, dad, Beka, Samuel and Francene....it was wonderful for me to be able to get out of the house and spent time around other people. I had a wonderful time and am so grateful to Mom and Dad for letting me come spend 3 weeks with them. Hadlie had fun spending her first Christmas up in Seattle too!



Our first Christmas together! December 2013! 





Hadlie chillen with her Grandpa Ralph! Love, Love, Love this picture! I have the best parents in the world, and I can't wait for my little girl to get to know her grandparents!!!









After spending a wonderful time up in Seattle for Christmas, we headed back to Utah and Juan was able to give Hadlie her blessing. Juan's family was able to attend, as well as Hadlie's brother Leo along with my parents. It was a stressful day for mommy! Hadlie looked beautiful and I was so happy to have a worthy and righteous husband to be able to bless her and to have my dad and mom be there as well.





 A very proud mommy and daddy with beautiful Hadlie Elena!  I unfortunately had to wake her up from her nap and cut her feeding short, so she decided she wanted to scream her little head off throughout the ENTIRE blessing!!! It is what it is....but man, that little girl can scream! Juan actually performed the blessing in both spanish and english, so that his parents could understand some of it. After the blessing, Juan and I both were able to bear our testimonies and I love how Juan isn't afraid to take opportunities like that especially in front of his family. He's such a good man!


Thank you to everyone who came and supported us on this wonderful day! I have so much to be grateful for throughout my life, but especially these last few years. I couldn't have done it without the love and support of my family and friends. Mostly especially, without the love and support from my parents, for which I will be eternally grateful!








This is the beautiful blessing dress that Aunt Beka made for sweet Hadlie! We blessed her in a more formal dress because of Juan's family being there, but I had her in this dress the rest of the day! Thank you so much for her beautiful dress and blanket Aunt Beka! We love you!







Okay, I'm just going to add some pictures to hopefully get this blog updated and not go so long next time before I update it!






LOVE this little face!!! This was up at home over Christmas!





This was when she was 8 weeks old and just starting to smile! Made all the screaming that had taken place the previous 7 weeks SOOOOO worth it! She's my little angel!





2 months old! Can't believe she's 8 weeks old already! She's gained a whole pound and now weighs 7 lbs 6 oz in this picture! 





This is one of Juan's favorite pictures! She had blown out all the way up her back and I was trying to carry her so I wouldn't get any poo on me....I was not successful in this attempt! She got me good!















3 months old! Ahhh.....she's such a doll if I'm allowed to brag about my own daughter! :-)





4 months old and her favorite new pastime is chomping down on her fists and trying to shove her whole fist into her mouth!
February 2014





Love this little 4 month old angel! 




Probably one of my most favorite pictures of this sweetheart! She's in an adorable sweater that Grandma Ralph got her for Christmas! She's just a tiny little doll!





It's so fun when they start to smile! Makes all the tough times absolutely worth it! I love you Hadlie! So much!




Kinda blurry, but Hadlie wouldn't stay still to let mommy take a picture! This is her at  4 months old!




Hadlie helping mommy make dinner! She loves being held, so this sling works great for me as it allows me to cook and clean and get things done with both hands! 





Happy Valentine's Day from sweet Hadlie!




Mommy really needs to start losing some of her baby weight, so me and Hadlie have started to go on some walks together. It's still kinda chilly out, so Hadlie gets all bundled up, but she loves to go on walks with mommy!
4 months old!




This is the first time that Jenna and her little kids met Hadlie. On there way to there new home in Texas, they were able to stop by for a few minutes and say, 'Hi"










I gotta wrap things up here cuz Juan is anxious for some of my attention (if you know what I mean! :-)) But I just want to say that things have gotten so much better just in the last few weeks! Hadlie still has a lot of moments, but she's turning into a sweetheart and my heart just bursts with love for her! Juan and I have recently made the decision to have me step down from managing at Kay Jewelers and just work part time and focus on school and Hadlie. I know it's going to be very tough financially over the next few years, but I can't even express how much happier I have been over the last week or so not having to deal with the stress of managing. I had no idea the stress was affecting me as much as it was and now that I'm not under the same stress....I feel so free, happy, liberated and just calm about life. I don't know what's going to happen, but the ability I have right now to spend time raising our daughter and being there for my husband has been wonderful and it's only been a week! I want to be the best mom that I can be. I want to raise my daughter in righteousness to love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We are so lucky to have the knowledge of the Gospel that we do! I am so blessed to be a mother and so grateful that things have started to calm down for me and that I've been able to learn my daughters cues better! So, so, so happy! Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment