Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Hadlie's favorite pastime!

So over the last few weeks, Hadlie has developed a new favorite past time! Take a look! LOL...



CRYING!!!!! LOL...I still think she's so cute when she's crying even though it wears on your nerves after a while. I think the most frustrating part is that I don't know what's wrong and I can't figure it out. I know crying is a way of communication for them and when I can't figure out what she's saying....it makes me feel so helpless.

I've called my mom more then a few times in the last 5 weeks just beyond exhausted and crying myself...so you think I'd have more empathy for my little angel! I was thinking she might be colic for a little bit, but I'm still not sure. She seems to have an upset belly a lot, or at least it grumbles all the time. I've started giving her gripe water and I think it's helping her pass gas a little bit better. I'm praying that maybe it's just a phase and that she'll be able to work through it in the next few weeks.

So there is so much more to being a new mom then I ever thought possible. I love her so much and I'm overwhelmed with the feeling of responsibility for her. I just want to do what's best for her.

When Hadlie was a few days old, she developed a little blister looking thing on her right eye lid. We didn't think too much of it at first, but then it started oozing yellow stuff and mom and my doctor thought it might be an infection. After waiting a little bit to see if it would go away on its own, we were prescribed a topical antibiotic and starting using it hoping that it would help. Well, it didn't. The blister remained and it would go through cycles where it would get big and fill with liquid and get bigger and then it would get smaller. Well the other day I was feeding her and when I took her off of me, I realized that her blister was filling with blood and it looked really bad. I was so scared and nervous and didn't know what to do. We debated going to the ER, but decided they would just tell us there wasn't anything that could be done. So we waited and on Monday, I called my doctor and texted him pictures of her eye. ( Love modern technology!) He called a dermatologist right away and got us in for the next morning. I had to go to the appt alone because Juan had a test in his class and let me tell you...it was not fun. The dermatologist was wonderfully helpful and reassuring, but he pretty much said he didn't know what it was and that we would need to do a biopsy on it. :-( They told me what they would do and then I left the room because I knew I wasn't going to be able to handle seeing her be cut. I waited in the waiting area and could hear her screaming from there. Needless to say, I starting balling. I can't think of many things worse then knowing your child is hurting and not being able to do anything about it. :-( I was so upset. They called me back in and said she'd done really well. They'd numbed her eyelid so she couldn't feel them cut off part of her eyelid, but it was still upsetting. Because there are so many blood vessels in the eye, her eye bled and bled and bled for quite a while. I felt so bad for her. She handled it like a champ though! We were given directions and instructions for taking care of her eyelid and then told that they would call us with update on what it exactly was once they get the results back from the lab. I'm nervous and hope that it's something fixable. Here is a picture of her eye after they cut off a chunk of it....
My poor little Angel! She handled it so well and hopefully we can figure out soon what's going on with her eye! Love! Love! Love this little girl!

On a happier note...we took Hadlie on a walk the other day and she seemed to really enjoy it. It's tough that she was born pretty much in the winter, but we took advantage of a slightly warmer day and took a little walk. Here she is just chillen in her stroller!
All in all we're hanging in there! Can't believe she's almost 6 weeks old already! The time has flown by and at the same time....crawled by. I'm really looking forward to figuring her wants and needs out even further and hoping we get on the same page soon!


1 comment:

  1. I love how you put it. Time flys but also crawls by. So true for moms. Love this post though. Miss you guys a ton.

    ReplyDelete