Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Boy or Girl? Boy or Girl? Boy or Girl? The verdict is in!

         So I know you usually find out what you're having at your 20 week ultrasound, but I don't know how first time moms can wait that long! I was so incredibly anxious to find out that we decided to get an early ultrasound done at 16 weeks to find out what we're having. Man, oh man was it nerve wracking! I kept thinking, what if they can't tell, what if something is wrong, what if? what if? what if? So many what if's? Alas, it all turned out great in the end. The ultrasound technician took us into the back room and made us feel very comfortable. It was really neat because she had a big screen TV hooked up to the machine so that I just had to look directly in front of me and could see everything that she was seeing. I thought I was going to have to turn and strain my neck to get a glimpse, but thankfully the technology these days is top notch! Anyways, she started scanning and pointing out our babies arms, legs, spine and it was the coolest thing to see! Then she goes, "oh, there we go!" She asked if we could see what she was pointing at and we said that we couldn't see anything, and she said, "that's because there's nothing there....you're having a little GIRL!!!!!!" AHHHHHHH!!!!!  I was seriously shocked....I just knew it was a little boy and to find out it was a girl was really thrilling! Juan was so excited...it made my heart melt to hear him call her his little princess and just be thrilled to be having a daughter.

     As soon as we left the appointment, we called my parents and told them our good news and then continued on calling and texting the rest of the family...it was fun and exciting to hear everyone be excited and happy for us. Since my sister Sarah just entered the MTC a week ago, I went and ordered a half dozen cupcakes in girly colors and had them sent to her at the MTC so she would know that it was a little girl....she'll be thrilled....that's what she thought it was! Anyways, that's my good news for the week and I'm excited for the next milestones I"ll start having with my little daughter!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment